While the term “physical distancing” has become a popular reframe of the term “social distancing”, the reality is, for many of us, social distancing leads to social isolation. Right now we are physically isolating and going virtual for the purpose of supporting our collective wellness as a whole. Since the wholeness of wellness is the sum of its parts, finding those parts of our own personal wellness that need tending during pandemic conditions require extra adaptability and flexibility.
This month-long series is an invitation to tend to the stressful conditions of living in modern industrialized civilization during a global pandemic. This is an opportunity to reframe our current experience by taking intentional steps towards personal and collective healing.
- Downloadable/printable exploration “work” book full of invitations, journal prompts and practices for raising resilience and supporting stamina during this liminal time
- 1 Live Virtually Guided Forest Therapy Walk
- 4 weekly evening Zoom circles
- Sunday, May 3rd: Opening circle on Zoom 6:30pm-8:00pm EST
- Sunday, May 10th: 2nd circle on Zoom 6:30pm-8:00pm EST
- Sunday, May 17th: Virtual Forest Therapy Walk 10:00am-11:30am EST
- Sunday, May 24th: 3rd circle on Zoom 6:30pm-8:00pm EST
- Sunday, May 31st: Closing circle on Zoom 6:30pm-8:00pm EST
Who is this circle for:
- You want to stay connected during this time of distancing
- You want to both be witnessed and witness others
- You want to be intentional about how you move through this liminal time
- You want to feel less alone and less disconnected
- You want to be part of a supportive community supporting collective and personal wellness
- You want to tend healthy relationships with your self and others and the more-than-human world
- You want support unplugging and being present
- You have never used Zoom but are open to trying it
- You have an internet connection
- Sliding scale $100 – $200
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
Due to limmited space and timing, I ask that you make a full committment before registering.
To request a refund, please get in touch with me.
How many people will be in the circle?
I feel very strongly about having hard limits on group size – especially on Zoom!
I will cap our circle at 9 participants. I will run this series with a minimum of 4 participants.
Can I sign up for just 1 of the circles or part of the series?
If you feel called to be part of this series but can not to come to every Zoom gathering, you are fully welcome to register for the series and just come to what you can. In an effort to create a container, there are no single circle tickets available. If you are interested in one on one mentoring sessions, please get in touch.
Virtual Forest Therapy? Isn’t that an oxymoron?
Yes. AND, since we are all physically connected by the Earth and interconnected through more-than-human realms, finding a heart connection through the interweb is very possible with some intention, creativity, and willingness. For the Virtual Forest Therapy Walk, you will be intermittently plugged in with 1 ear bud in, sharing/listening in circle, and then having time for solo wandering and exploring in your own environment in a physical, sensory tactile way.
What if I have never used Zoom?
Zoom is a free and very user-friendly app. You do not have to have a Zoom account to attend. For each of our Zoom gatherings, I will be sending out a Zoom invitation link and password in advance. To join our scheduled “meetings” all you will have to do is click on the link and it will automatically bring you the Zoom “meeting” where you will be prompted to enter the password and then we’ll be connected. I will guide you from there.
I recommend downloading the Zoom App to your phone (and computer) upon registering for this series: https://zoom.us/.
How will this series help me feel more connected?
While there is nothing like being in circle outside together with all the sensory and more-than-human elements present, I have been mentoring and facilitating small groups via Zoom for the last couple years and have been pleasantly surprised by the intimate connections that are made possible using this medium. What you get from this series will depend on how much you are willing to put into this.
How will this series help me unplug?
A major component of this series is ongoing self-guided exploration. With some tools and guidance from me and with the support of the group, you will be equiped with a toolbox of invitations to unplug. This includes regular solo time spent outside in nature if this can be done safely and in accordance with all your local current recommendations including the CDC and WHO.
What if I can’t or don’t want to go outside?
This series is designed to work inside or outside, inviting sensory exlorations of your internal and external landscapes in whatever safe and supportive environment is available.
Do I need anything besides Zoom to participate?
- Ear buds or headphones for connecting to Zoom outside and as an option to keep confidentiality inside if others are sharing space with you.
- A journal (or some paper) and a pen
- Art or craft supplies if you have them, such as colored pencils, crayons, markers, watercolors or art supplies of some kind
- An open heart and mind